Job Purpose 🎯
We are looking for a skilled Python/Django Rest Framework Software Engineer with experience engineering and maintaining complex web applications to join the Amitruck backend engineering team.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-quality API service solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities 💼
- Design, develop and maintain API using Django Rest Framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify requirements and develop software solutions.
- Write high-quality, reusable and efficient code.
- Write high-quality code and API reference documentation using markdown.
- Write unit tests to ensure code quality and coverage requirements are met.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members.
- Participate in agile software development process and provide accurate estimates.
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in Python/Django development.
Experience Required 🎖
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Python, Django and DRF TDD development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns, SOLID principles, DRY principles and REST API industry standards.
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs and integrating with third-party APIs
- Strong knowledge of distributed task queue systems such as Celery
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git
- Experience in writing unit tests using the Django testing framework
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with Docker.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Amitruck is an equal-opportunity employer.